|Date:||Sun, Sep 27, 2020|
|Time||9:00 AM to 11:00 AM|
|Venue:||Johnson Estate Winery - Vineyards|
Join us for a Great Grape Walk this fall!
Enjoy a walk through our vineyards, sample the different kinds of grapes grown there, and then taste the wines made from those grapes. Truly an opportunity to experience the 'bud to bottle" process of an estate vineyard!
Due to our concern for the safety of staff and guests during these times, this will be a self-guided tour with social distancing. We will have limited registrations for each time slot and family groups should please respect social distancing while on the walk.
Most of the thirteen varieties of grapes grown at Johnson Estate will be at some stage of ripeness for you to test and sample! Guests will receive a grape basket and borrowed clippers so that in addition to tasting the grapes, they may take home their preferred varieties of fresh grapes from the vineyards. Here's what to expect:
1. ARRIVAL: Park in the winery lot and proceed to the Scale House (to the left of the winery entrance) to check in at your designated time. Please maintain social distancing if there are others checking in before you. Guests will receive a wooden basket and a pair of clippers (basket is yours, clippers to be returned). Guests will also be given a map of the Estate's vineyards which highlight the FIVE Picking Stations and the names of the grapes nearby with estimated ripening dates. We will also ask that you sign a release form before the walk.
2. WALK & TASTE!: Guests determine their own pace when visiting each Picking Station - yes, you may eat along the way and add to your basket your favorite grapes.
3. AFTER THE WALK - WINE SAMPLES: After the walk, guests return to the Farmhouse Gardens where they will enjoy a flight of Three-Generation Johnson Estate wines with small bits of cheese, nuts, and dried fruit, finishing with an Estate-made Concord Blueberry Tart.
4. CHECK-OUT: Guests will return the clippers at the Scale House Table and receive an envelope with grape-varietal postcards and recipes for Grape Jam and Concord Grape Tart.
5. NOTE ON RAIN, SHOES, CHILDREN, & DOGS: Please wear appropriate walking shoes, hats, and outerwear. Hard rain cancels this walk (with a refund, of course), but the winery has umbrellas for light drizzles. Children who happily walk for 60 minutes with their parents are welcome; we will have Concord grape juice for them at the end of the walk. Well-behaved dogs on leashes are welcome to come on the walks.
RESERVATIONS: Advance reservations are recommended as these walks have sold out in the past. Maximum capacity for each time slot walk is eight people. Great Grape Walks offered on Sundays only, each half hour from 9am to 11am.
Wine Club Members: $24/person (discount applied at check-out)
Make your reservation for September 27:
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions!
View Past Newsletters.