1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff. Gradually add the sugar (roughly one-two tablespoons as a time) and continue beating until all the sugar has been mixed into the egg whites and the mixture is relatively stiff. Add the cornstarch, vanilla, and vinegar and beat briefly (less than half of a minute).
3. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie tray. If you like, draw one large 10-12" circle or 8-10 circles roughly 3-4" in diameter. Using a large spoon, put the meringue mixture onto the circles, making a dip in the center to hold the fruit.
4. Bake for one hour for large meringue and 45 minutes for smaller ones. Remove from the oven and permit the meringues to cool.
5. When ready to serve, drizzle the pomegranate molasses on the meringue and poured in the center and scatted the pomegranate ails (seeds). Top with whipped or ice cream if you like and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions!
View Past Newsletters.